Mission Church

Mission Church

This is one of Michigan's oldest Protestant churches. It was built in 1829-30 by the Presbyterian flock of Rev. Wm. Ferry, founder in 1823 of a nearby Indian mission. Robert Stuart and Henry Schoolcraft were lay leaders. About 1838 private owners bought the building. It is judged Michigan's best example of Colonial church style.
photo of Mission Church

Registered Site HB03
Erected 1957

Location: Huron Street at Truscott
Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings

Home

Latitude: 45.849727844, Longitude: -84.60876792

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com