Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel

Opened on July 10, 1887, the Grand Hotel was built by the Grand Rapids & Indiana and Michigan Central Railroads and the Detroit & Cleveland Navigation Company through the efforts of Sen. Francis B. Stockbridge. It is built of Michigan white pine. With its magnificent colonial porch, longest in the world, it is a classic example of gracious living seldom seen today. One of the outstanding landmarks on the Great Lakes, it is the world's largest summer hotel.
photo of Grand Hotel

Registered Site HB10
Erected 1958

Location: West Bluff
Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Topics:
Hotels and Inns

Home

Latitude: 45.850678787, Longitude: -84.62478876

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com