This historic inn, the oldest in Michigan still providing food and lodging, was built as a home in 1836 by Orin Weston. In 1841 it was converted into a tavern by Stephen Jennings. Known as the Sixteen Mile House, it was the stagecoach stop here in Clarenceville on the Grand River plank road
that followed an Indian trail that went on to Lake Michigan.
Registered Site HB24
28000 Grand River Road at Eight Mile
Farmington Hills, Oakland County Topics:Hotels and InnsHome
Latitude: 42.4435319, Longitude: -83.3232843