Battle Creek House
The Battle Creek House, a stagecoach stop and the social and political hub of the settlement from 1836 to 1866, stood here. The balconied, three-story inn was destroyed by a fire late in the 1860's. In 1870, Daniel Reily put up a "solid brick" building housing stores, offices, and from 1903 to 1931, the Central National Bank. It was known as the C. E. Thomas Block between 1892 and 1956. Remodeling by Peoples Savings and Loan Association in 1957 left the basic structure unchanged.