First Presbyterian Church
Organized Feb. 26, 1824, by four men and nine women under the leadership of Missionary Eldad Goodman at John Voorheis' home in Bloomfield Township, the congregation met during its early years in Pontiac and for a time in Auburn. In 1844, a brick church, 40' x 70', on the northwest corners of Huron and Saginaw was completed. In 1868, members subscribed funds for a building on the present site. It burned in 1914. The present church was begin in 1918 and was dedicated in 1924.