This township cemetery began in 1870 with the purchase of the land from William and Rosina Dommer, by Daniel E. Fries, Herman Dommer, B. F. Chappell and William M. Webster officers of Grant Township. Stages on the Tawas-Manistee line passed these grounds over the Iosco & Ogemaw State Road. One of the stagecoach stops was the Sand Lake House, one and one-half miles to the east. This marker commemorates not only the old highway and the cemetery, but also the many unmarked graves of early settlers.
Registered Site L0033
Old State Rd west of Sand Lake Rd.
Grant Township, Iosco County Topics:CemeteriesHome
Latitude: 44.3140035, Longitude: -83.6951404