Langley Covered Bridge
This is the longest of Michigan's few remaining covered bridges. It is 282 feet long with three, ninety-four-foot spans of the Howe-truss construction. The bridge was built in 1887 by Pierce (?) Bodmer of Parkeville, using the best quality of white pine for the frame timbers. The bridge's name honors a pioneer Centreville family. When Sturgis Dam was built in 1910, the Langley Bridge had to be raised eight feet. In 1950-1951 extensive repairs and replacement of parts was carried out by the St. Joseph County Road Commission to preserve for the future this historic link with a bygone era.