Township Hall

Township Hall

Designed by Charles H. Peale and built in 1883 near the site were the earliest white settler, Adam Wadsworth had lived, the Elk Rapids Township Hall has served as a social and political center for over ninety years. Largely due to lumbering and related industries, the village was the most important economic force in the area. Located on Grand Traverse Bay, the prosperous community needed a permanent meeting place. Thus this hall was erected and has hosted theatrical, patriotic, school and township activities.
photo of Township Hall

Registered Site L0059
Erected 1979

Location: River St.
Elk Rapids, Antrim County

Topics:
Public Buildings

Home

Latitude: 44.8974862, Longitude: -85.4159545

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com