Trinity Church

Trinity Church

Episcopal services on Mackinac Island date from 1837, when a Bishop preached in the Mission Church. For many years the congregation met in the post Chapel at Fort Mackinac and in the Court House. In 1873 a parish was organized, and in 1882 this church building was constructed. Its furnishings include an altar of hand-carved walnut, and two chancel chairs made by soldiers at the fort.
photo of Trinity Church

Registered Site L0073
Erected 1968

Location: Fort Street at Market
Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches

Home

Latitude: 45.8506021, Longitude: -84.6182119

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com