In 1836 a Rochester, New York, association purchased land here and by winter several families were settled in newly built log homes. Methodist circuit riders in 1837 organized a class which became the center of the three-county Mapleton circuit. In 1841 the settlement was renamed Duplain and the colonists began working for better schools and roads. The Duplain Methodist church was built in the mid -1850s as a center for community worship.
Registered Site L0083
Maple Road North of Colony Road
Duplain, Clinton County Topics:Early SettlersHome
Latitude: 43.0467812, Longitude: -84.4557023