Ann Arbor Railroad
Howell raised $20,000 in 1885 to induce the Toledo, Ann Arbor & Northern Michigan to enter the town. Many believed the town, already served by one railroad, would boom with a second line. Early in 1886 a right-of-way dispute erupted between workmen of the two lines. The case was mediated in favor of the TAA&NM, and in the summer of 1886 this depot was built. The line was renamed the Ann Arbor Railroad in 1895.