Fort Street Presbyterian Church
Second Presbyterian Church was organized in 1849 by the Reverend Robert K. Kellogg and twenty-six charter members. The present limestone building dedicated in 1855, was designed by Octavius and Albert Jordan in Gothic Revival style. Renamed Fort Street Presbyterian Church, it has survived two severe fires, in 1876 and 1914. Still substantially unchanged, it is one of Detroit's oldest churches.