Robert W. Graham Home
In 1873 Robert W. Graham designed and built this Italianate structure as a two family residence. A native of England, Graham settled in Lowell in 1858. Here he worked as a brick mason, a farmer and a merchant. Graham's son Ernest, an architect, designed notable buildings in Chicago; Washington D.C.; New York City; Cleveland and London. The Graham house was deeded to the city in 1954. In 1922 the public library was moved into its west wing. The east wing became the headquarters of the local YMCA in 1960.