Carpenter House

Carpenter House

This Greek Revival mansion was built in 1851 for David Carpenter, one of Lenawee County's most prominent early residents. Born in New York State, he moved to Blissfield in 1838, and became a wealthy farmer and merchant. After his death in 1891, the house served as a private residence until 1960, when it became a restaurant. The building's only major exterior alteration has been the additions of second story wings and porches.
photo of Carpenter House

Registered Site L0136
Erected 1975

Location: 424 West Adrian Street
Blissfield, Lenawee County

Topics:
Historic Homes

Home

Latitude: 41.835233, Longitude: -83.871449

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com