North Lake Methodist Church
The Reverend Charles Glenn organized the first Methodist class here in 1836, and for the next ten years the group met in the home of his brother, John. In 1846 the brothers presented the congregation with a building which served as both church and school until the present structure was erected in 1866. The former Grange Hall was added to the church in 1925 to serve as an educational and social center. With community help a new building for this purpose was begun in 1971.