In 1831, Sidney and George Ketchum located here on Rice Creek. This first settlement in Marshall consisted of a water-powered sawmill and log cabins. Until the twentieth century this was an important industrial area, containing at various times a malt house, plow foundry, and flour mill. The later was in operation until 1960. Ketchum Park is now a memorial to the first settlers of Marshall.
Registered Site L0198
South Marshall Street at Montgomery
Marshall, Calhoun County Topics:ParksHome
Latitude: 42.2672581, Longitude: -84.9539494