White Rock School
Named after a boulder in Lake Huron that was used as a landmark in the Indian Treaty of 1807, the village was settled about 1860. Destroyed in the Great Fire of 1871, the town was soon rebuilt, including a schoolhouse. The present building was constructed in 1909. At that time twenty-five pupils attended, and the teacher was paid forty dollars a month. White Rock School continued in use until 1968. The Huron County Historical Society acquired the property in 1970 for a historical museum.