Beckley Cemetery

Beckley Cemetery

In 1833, Joseph W. Stewart, a native of New York, settled in the Oak Openings area of western Calhoun County. Recognizing the need for a cemetery in the neighborhood, he set aside a portion of his land for this purpose, offering the plots without charge. When a new law in 1859 required each township to make provisions for burials, Stewart turned his property over to Battle Creek Township. In later years this area became known as Beckley Corners after Ira Beckley, another early settler.
photo of Beckley Cemetery

Registered Site L0211
Erected 1973

Location: Helmer and Beckley Roads
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Topics:
Cemeteries
Missing Markers

Evidence indicates that this Marker is no longer in place.

Home

Latitude: 42.2620813, Longitude: -85.2374160

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com