Lake Orion Methodist Church
Methodist missionaries preached here in the 1820s, and in 1833 a class was organized. Services were held in homes and schoolhouses, and in 1853 several denominations combined to build a union church. The cornerstone of the present building was laid in 1872, and the church was dedicated on June 14, 1873. Members donated time and materials to reduce the cost to $7,000. To escape a noisy railroad the church was moved to its present location in 1901.