The Old Stone Barn

The Old Stone Barn

Built by William Prindle in 1857, this landmark served as a livery stable for over sixty years. It also saw brief use as a stagecoach stop for the lines connecting Coldwater and Lansing. By 1928 it had become an unsightly gas station. Purchased through the efforts of Mayor Harold C. Brooks, its conversion into a city hall by architect Howard Young was completed in time for Marshall's centennial celebration of 1930
photo of The Old Stone Barn

Registered Site L0216
Erected 1973

Location: 323 West Michigan Avenue
Marshall, Calhoun County

Topics:
Public Buildings

Home

Latitude: 42.2714818, Longitude: -84.9637126

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com