This barn was constructed in 1919 on the burnt-out foundation of an earlier structure built about 1888. It is a fine example of an increasingly rare bank barn style. Here on the farm owned and operated by his family since 1847, Ira Wilson built a million-dollar enterprise which grew from dairy farming, to delivery, to full creamery operations. By his death in 1944 the business had become "one of the district's leading creameries." Wilson also held several local elective offices.