Orchard Lake Chapel
Early settlers here were devout Christians, and from 1825 were served on occasion by itinerant preachers. Later Colin and Caroline Campbell had this chapel built on land donated by Peter Dow to accommodate the influx of summer visitors. It was dedicated on July 18, 1874. Early worshippers often arrived by steam boat. Since 1942 the permanent congregation has been known as the Orchard Lake Community Church, Presbyterian.