Hastings was first linked with Jackson and Grand Rapids by the Grand River Valley Railroad in 1870. The Michigan Central Railroad leased the line that same year. At first located elsewhere, a passenger station was built on this site in 1882. In 1922 this brick structure was constructed with the aid of the Rotary Club. Passenger service was discontinued in 1959 and in 1968 the building was privately purchased. Restored and furnished in the style of the 1850s it now houses law offices.
Registered Site L0285
222 West Apple Street
Hastings, Barry County Topics:TransportationHome
Latitude: 42.649657, Longitude: -85.289494