Excelsior Town Hall
Twenty-five years after the township's organization in 1875. Excelsior's citizens decided to build a town hall. In 1901 they purchased this site from Edwin Wagenschutz for $100, and with plans costing only $7, erected this structure for $1085. The simple frame building continues to serve as the town hall. From 1907 to 1926 the hall also housed Excelsior High School, the first rural high school in Michigan established under the law of 1901.