Michigan Central Railroad Depot

Michigan Central Railroad Depot

Built in 1886, and conceived by Frederick Spier, the design of this granite block building was influenced by the great American architect Henry Hobson Richardson. The massive two-foot thick walls are balanced by simple precise detailing. Carefully preserved, this depot is a symbol of the elegance and vitality of nineteenth century rail transportation.
photo of Michigan Central Railroad Depot

Registered Site L0339
Erected 1976

Location: 401 Depot Street
Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County

Topics:
Transportation

Home

Latitude: 42.287324, Longitude: -83.742666

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com