Woodland Town Hall
The area now known as Woodland Township was first settled in 1837 by Charles Galloway and Jonathan and Samuel Haight. In 1842 the state legislature set aside the township which by then had several hundred residents. The area's level surface and fertile soil attracted farmers who specialized in fruit, wheat and vegetables. By 1867, Woodland's population had grown to about one thousand. On April 5 of that year, the township board voted to build a "town house." The building committee consisting of George Cramer, George Davenport, Alson P. Holly, John Holbrook and Ira Stowell drafted a plan and construction began. The township board accepted the completed town hall and discharged the building committee three years later.