"Saratoga of the West"
Eaton Rapids became a popular health resort when mineral water was discovered in 1869. Attracted by advertisements boasting of its curative powers, thousands came for treatment. The water was also bottled and shipped across the country. In 1874, Anderson House was erected on this site as the town's most elegant hotel. The mineral water heyday had passed when it burned in 1911, although a bath continued to operate until 1962.