Red Ribbon Hall

Red Ribbon Hall

The Eaton Rapids Reform Club under the leadership of Isaac N. Reynolds, built this temperance hall in 1878. Affiliated with the national Red Ribbon movement, over a thousand local men knotted red ribbons in their lapels after pledging to abstain from all alcoholic beverages, and adopted the motto, "Dare to do right," The building served as a cultural center, and, at the turn of the century, as an opera house. Since 1924 it has been a Masonic Hall.
photo of Red Ribbon Hall

Registered Site L0361
Erected 1975

Location: 314 South Main
Eaton Rapids, Eaton County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings

Home

Latitude: 42.509798, Longitude: -84.655891

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com