Grace Episcopal Church
The Episcopal Diocese of Michigan sent Edward Magee to Mount Clemens in 1849. The interest generated by this missionary visit culminated a year later when the Grace Episcopal congregation was formed. In December of that year Michigan's first Episcopal Bishop, the Right Reverend Samuel McCoskry, conducted services in the courthouse. Six members were confirmed and Magee was ordained. In 1870 this simple Gothic Revival church was built.