St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
St. Andrew's Parish was organized in 1870, when Michigan's logging industry was flourishing. Among its early members were George Stearns, the mayor, and Thomas Lazell, the police magistrate. The simple white pine Gothic Revival church was built by the congregation, and dedicated on January 21, 1872. Part of the Western Michigan Diocese since 1874. St. Andrew's has served the Big Rapids community for over a century.