Opera House

Opera House

Vermontville Opera House, completed in 1898, is still the main center of community activities. The two-story red brick structure with cutstone foundation, and an off-center tower over the front entrance, was constructed with funds solicited from the township and village. Stage plays, political events, social gatherings, and religious services have taken place here. L. Vern Slout and his players, one of Michigan's oldest tent companies gave first and last performances in this opera hall, now used in part as a public library.
photo of Opera House

Registered Site L0435
Erected 1978

Location: 219 South Main
Vermontville, Eaton County

Topics:
Libraries
Theaters, Halls, and Arenas

Home

Latitude: 42.627095242, Longitude: -85.02462565

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com