Carnegie Library

Carnegie Library

While in Iron Mountain on business during 1901, Andrew Carnegie saw the need for a library on the Menominee Iron Range which was then a prospering area. He donated $15,000 for this building. Serving the community for over seventy years, the Neo-Classical Revival structure, designed by James E. Clancy, was one of the earliest Carnegie libraries in the Great Lake State. In 1971 this edifice became the Menominee Range Museum, featuring the history of its namesake.
photo of Carnegie Library

Registered Site L0501
Erected 1979

Location: 300 Ludington Street
Iron Mountain, Dickinson County

Topics:
Carnegie Libraries
Museums

Home

Latitude: 45.820276, Longitude: -88.06359

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com