Grosse Pointe Academy
Owned by the Religious of the Sacred Heart from 1867-1969, this site is now an independent school. The narrow shape of the property reflects its original use as a French "ribbon farm" extending inland from Lake St. Clair. Situated at the Grosse Pointe Academy are an 1868 structure initially used as a public school for village children; the present Academy building erected in 1929; and a place of worship modeled after a French convent chapel. Each of these edifices is still in use.