Curry House

Curry House

Here lived Solomon S. Curry, pioneer in the mining industry of the Ironwood area. Curry, a progressive, broad-minded man, was also instrumental in the building of the city of Ironwood, which through his efforts grew from a wilderness to one of the major cities in northern Michigan. A Democrat, Curry, was elected State Representative in 1874 and was a candidate for lieutenant governor in 1896. Restored to its original appearance, the Curry House has Tiffany windows, nineteenth century light fixtures, and ornate woodwork.
photo of Curry House

Registered Site L0560
Erected 1978

Location: 631 East McLeod Ave.
Ironwood, Gogebic County

Topics:
Governors
Historic Homes

Home

Latitude: 46.455606, Longitude: -90.160646

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com