Women's City Club of Detroit

Women's City Club of Detroit

William B. Stratton designed this building for the Women's City Club of Detroit -- founded in 1919 "to promote a broad acquaintance among women" and to further civic and cultural activities. The club which grew to be one of the largest women's clubs in the world with a membership of over 8,000 in the 1930s occupied this building from 1924 to 1975. Mary Chase Perry Stratton's Pewabic tile is featured throughout.
photo of Women

Registered Site L0647
Erected 1980

Location: 2110 Park St.
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations

Home

Latitude: 42.337069, Longitude: -83.053051

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com