St. Joseph's Catholic Church
German immigrants desiring to practice Catholicism in their native language founded St. Joseph's parish in 1863. Father John G. Ehrenstrasser became the first pastor in 1863. This handsome brick and stone church, the second house of worship for this parish, was constructed at a cost of $30,000 and dedicated on October 13, 1879, by Bishop Casper H. Borgess. While St. Joseph's tranquil interior has seen several changes, its stately exterior has been altered only slightly in over a century.