The First Congregational Church of Hersey was formally organized in 1870. Services were held in a local schoolhouse for three years. Delos A. Blodgett -- early explorer, prominent lumberman and first settler of the area -- donated the land and lumber for this church, which was built in 1873-74 at a cost of $3,000. It features handsome leaded-glass windows and a pyramidal steeple. Michigan white pine graces both the exterior and interior, including a handmade pulpit.