Built in 1870, across from the Township Hall, Greenbush School is one of Alcona County's pioneer schools. It remained part of the Alcona County educational system until 1947. The school began with twenty-five students, kindergarten through eighth grade. During the lumbering era when Greenbush grew into a settlement of 1,500 people, the school served up to sixty students. The building was moved to its present location next to the Township Hall in 1979. A fire hall was built on its original site.
Registered Site L0728
Campbell Road west of US-23
Harrisville, Alcona County Topics:SchoolsHome
Latitude: 44.5855770, Longitude: -83.3194112