Court Street United Methodist Church
In 1834 circuit rider Bradford Frazee held the first Methodist service in Flint. The following year, William Brockway, of the Saginaw Mission, established regular services in Wait Beach's barroom. In 1836 the class of nine persons organized as the Flint River Mission in a room above the Stage and Wright store. In 1841 the Genesee County Board of Commissioners deeded this property to what became the First Methodist Episcopal Church, the oldest organized religious group in the city. The congregation's first church, built in 1842, burned in 1861. Its second one was razed in 1888 to build a third, which burned in 1892. The present church was dedicated in 1894. The Church House was dedicated in 1929.