Darius Moon, prominent turn-of-the-century Lansing architect, designed this Queen Anne house in 1896 for Chester E. Woodberry, founder of the Lansing Capitol Savings & Loan Association. The structure's last residential owner was William G. Kerns. who owned the Kerns Hotel,
which stood on North Grand Avenue. Kerns's family sold the house to the Michigan State Medical Society in 1951. Extensively remodeled in 1951, the house is one of the few remaining structures designed by Moon. It became the headquarters of the Michigan Democratic Party in 1977.