St. John's United Church of Christ
St. John's congregation was organized by German immigrants in 1864. The original wood-frame structure was erected here in 1869-70 at a cost of $5,000. In 1904 it was enlarged and extensively remodeled to create this Romanesque-inspired structure with its handsome stained glass windows. The church still has it original 1869-70 steeple. St. John's is the oldest congregation of German origin in Port Huron and its church is the oldest house of worship in the city.