First National Bank of Flint
From its founding in 1864 through it closing in 1933 during the Great Depression, the First National Bank played a significant role in its home city's development. The bank made loans and extended credit to several fledgling motor companies, including Chevrolet, Dort, Monroe, and Mason. Charles Nash, president of both Buick and General Motors, served on the board of directors, as did Arthur G. Bishop, the first vice president of General Motors. The seven-story bank building was constructed in 1924 and expanded five years later. Its neoclassical design features a facade of white, glazed terra cotta. The First National Bank of Flint is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.