Webster United Church of Christ
In 1834 construction began on Webster Church, the oldest church building in continuous use in Washtenaw County. Built on land donated by Hannah Williams Kingsley, it was completed in 1835 after Moses Kingsley secured donations from Daniel Webster and others in the East. The church had been founded in 1833 under the leadership of the Rev. Charles G. Clark, a New York missionary to the Michigan frontier. Clark was pastor until 1858. Originally Presbyterian, the church polity changed to Congregational in 1860 and to United Church of Christ in 1961. Changes to the building have included the remodeling of the doors and windows, the loss of the spire due to lightening in 1914 and in 1954 the addition of the church school. The adjacent cemetery was founded in 1837.