Lansing Fire Station No. 8
Lansing architects Bowd-Munson Company designed Fire Station No. 8, which opened in June 1931. The firehall was built by the H. G. Christman Company. Firefighters lived in the upper two floors, and the community used a large room in the basement for weddings, meetings and voting. In 1977 the city sold the building to the Lansing Civic Players Guild. The troupe renovated the structure that year in time for its forty-ninth season.