St. John's Episcopal Church
In 1835, under the leadership of the Reverend Willaim N. Lyster, this church was founded as St. Patrick's Episcopal Church. The Reverend Lyster had organized a church in nearby Tecumseh in 1833, and this church was a mission of that pioneer parish until 1836. In 1853 the parish voted to change its name to St. John's Episcopal Church. Completed in 1835, This is the oldest remaining Episcopal church building in Michigan. Its hand-hewn beams, wainscoting and stained glass windows all date back to 1835.