St. John's Church
In 1858 twelve persons organized St. John's Church. During the Civil War the membership dispersed; the congregation reorganized in 1864. They built their first church in 1867. Shortly after the close of Easter evening services in 1893 the church burned. Detroit architects Rogers and MacFarlane designed the present Neo-Gothic Church which was built the following year. The congregation celebrated the first service in the new church on Easter Sunday 1894.