Samuel Davis House

Samuel Davis House

Pennsylvania native Samuel Davis settled on this site in 1855. In 1886 Samuel and his wife, Susan Graft Davis, built this Italianate house on their 299-acre farm. The Davises engaged in general farming and raised stock, and were among Oakland Counties leading farmers. In 1888 the Davises' daughter Martha married Republican Fred M. Warner of Farmington, who served three terms as Michigan's governor, beginning in 1905. The Davis family sold the house in 1942.
photo of Samuel Davis House

Registered Site L0963
Erected 1994

Location: 32330 Twelve Mile Road
Farmington Hills, Oakland County

Topics:
Governors
Historic Homes

Home

Latitude: 42.4991359, Longitude: -83.3678895

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com