When the Reverend William A. Clark D.D., purchased his land in Brighton Township, he set aside an acre as a church site and established a cemetery
near it. In 1837 he organized an Episcopal group and conducted its first services in his orchard. The group worshipped in rented quarters for over forty years before it erected this church. Ernest W. Arnold designed the English style structure, which was built by local contractor James Collett. The church was completed in 1881. Reverend Clark's son, John, officiated at the first service.