John Howarth provided the land on which this Greek Revival schoolhouse was built in 1859. The building served the community as a place of worship for the Howarth United Methodist Church and as an Oakland County school. The Methodists moved to new building across the street in 1898; however, the building was used as a school until 1955 when the Orion township school system was consolidated. The church then acquired the building for its vacation Bible school and its annual Christmas bazaar.
Relocated from original site at Silver Bell Road and Bald Mountain Road to Friendship Park on Clarkston Road at Baldwin Road.
Original Coords: 42.72325 -83.23475.
Registered Site L1059
Silver Bell Road at Bald Mountain Road
Orion Township, Oakland County Topics:SchoolsHome
Latitude: 42.768375811, Longitude: -83.31275939