Ortonville Methodist Episcopal Church
In June 1850 an eleven-member Methodist class was organized here as the Hadley Circuit of the Detroit District. B. F. Prichard was the pastor; M. H. Filmore, the class leader; and James Shaw, the presiding elder. That year the group built a stone church on Washburn Road, which it used until the present church was erected just north of this site in 1879. That church was moved here in 1887 and enlarged and remodeled in 1961. The oldest church building in Ortonville, it has a gable roof and a center bell tower.